- Sam, from North Carolina, went on an eight-hour date three and a half years ago and wore a pair of tight shorts paired with the boy’s short underwear.
- The 25-year-old said she had to keep choosing a vedi, but she was having fun
- She developed a ‘bump’ where clothing was falling off, and became increasingly painful over the next few days
- It became the ‘worst stabbing pain ever’ and his mother took him to the ER, where he was admitted to the ICU and stayed for a week.
- She had cellulitis that turned septic, and doctors considered operating
- Sam no longer wears tight denim shorts, but is still with the guy she went on a date with
A North Carolina woman has revealed how a pair of tight jean shorts led to a painful bacterial skin infection that eventually developed into life-threatening sepsis that left her in the ICU for a week.
Sam, 25, shares that he has an unexpected medical emergency. viral tiktok video It’s been viewed more than eight million times, revealing how she wore cutoff shorts on a day date with her now-boyfriend three-and-a-half years ago.
Because she was having so much fun, she didn’t give much thought to the wedge she had to keep lifting—until she discovered a lump on her back later that night that would be so painful over the next few days Gone that his mother took him to the ER.
‘If I didn’t go to the hospital, I would have died easily,’ she said buzzfeed, explaining that her skin was so badly infected that she spent several days in the ICU, where doctors debated surgery to remove some of the severely infected tissue.
Oh, is that so! A North Carolina woman has revealed how a pair of tight jean shorts gave her a painful bacterial skin infection that eventually turned into sepsis
WATCH: Sam from North Carolina went on an eight-hour date three-and-a-half years ago and wore a pair of tight shorts paired with boyish short underwear
All good: She was having such a great time with the guy she’d been dating for two weeks (pictured with her in the hospital), that she ignored the discomfort
Sam was feeling fabulous in 2018 when he bought a pair of One Teaspoon Bandits shorts he’d bought on sale.
“I thought they were the best shorts ever, and of course, my whole a** was out,” she said.
She liked how they looked quick enough to wear them with a guy she’d been seeing for about two weeks at the time.
The date was clearly a success, lasting eight hours from brunch to dinner and a comedy show that night.
In fact, she was enjoying herself so much that she didn’t make a fuss about the fact that her underwear and shorts were creating an uncomfortable situation.
‘I was wearing the boy’s little underwear, and the material kept rising and I kept lifting my vedi so… I kept picking it up. It just kept happening,’ she said.
Although she didn’t let it bother her during the date, when she was at home that night, she felt it hurt.
Flashback: Due to ill health, she admitted that she no longer likes wearing denim shorts, and prefers to wear loose-fitting shorts instead
Ouch: he developed a ‘bump’ where clothing was falling off, and became increasingly painful over the next few days
Help! It became the ‘worst stabbing pain ever’ and his mother took him to the ER, where he was admitted to the ICU and stayed for a week.
‘That night, I noticed I had a big bump where the chafing happened, and as time went on, it started to get more painful,’ she told BuzzFeed. ‘The pain was isolated in one place and it felt like a throbbing, stabbing pain.’
She said that her back was ‘paining’ for several days.
‘After a few days, [I] Felt sick and went to the doctor. They gave me antibiotics for a possible “skin infection” in a f**k crack,’ she wrote.
But the next day, she felt ‘terrible’, with ‘the worst stabbing pain’. It was so bad that her mother went to the emergency room, where she learned she was in septic shock.
‘I was trembling, very short of breath, couldn’t walk and had severe body aches. They admitted me to the ICU, and then I realized it was something more serious than I had anticipated,’ she said.
That’s when doctors diagnosed her with sepsis and cellulitis.
Cellulitis is a common bacterial skin infection that can occur when a wound — such as raw, cracked skin — comes into contact with bacteria. Symptoms include redness, swelling and pain.
Thankfully, she didn’t need surgery, but she suffered the trauma of ‘my mom taking selfies with me while I [was] sleep on the hospital bed
Viral: Sam is now healthy, and sees the whole incident as a funny story – and TikTok viewers apparently agree
If it gets bad enough, it can lead to sepsis, which is a life-threatening reaction to the infection.
Sam spent four days in the ICU after doctors told him he might need to perform debridement surgery, which involves removing all infected, necrotic or dead tissue from his rectum.
‘Constant doctors have to show their a** every day,’ she recalled.
Thankfully, she didn’t need surgery, but she suffered the trauma of ‘my mom taking selfies with me while I [was] Sleep on the hospital bed.’
He also had a meeting with his date, with whom he is still after three and a half years. He said it was the first time he met her family, but that he was ‘literally the best person in the world’ and had come to live with her so that her mother could go home and rest.
‘He kept my hair for me, he brushed my teeth, he took my contacts. He was literally the best person ever,’ she said.
‘It’s kind of mind blowing, but we’re definitely telling it about us…