Toronto: A comprehensive warrant has been issued in Canada for a man who fled the Toronto area after allegedly killing a missing Ontario couple earlier this month.
A warrant has been issued for Toronto man Phuong Tan Nguyen, who police say should be considered armed and dangerous.
He is wanted in two cases of first-degree murder.
Christy Nguyen, 25, and Kwok Tran, 37, of Markham, Ont., went missing on September 18.
York Regional Police investigators said Tuesday that Nguyen and Tran were believed to be the victims of dishonesty in a targeted attack.
Police said they believe the couple was murdered on September 18 at 111 Janeway Boulevard, a commercial property in Vaughan, Ont.
YRP constable Maniva Armstrong said on Tuesday that “there is no information to suggest there is a connection between the parties,” despite one victim having the same surname as the accused.
“There is no connection or connection between the two of them,” YRP constable Maniva Armstrong said on Tuesday.
Police did not say why they believe the attack was targeted or how the two victims died. Officials said they are working on recovering their bodies.
She said the suspect is believed to have fled the Toronto area.
Armstrong said police are in close contact with Nguyen and the Tran family.
“They are devastated and are certainly mourning their loss,” Armstrong said.
Investigators released photographs of a vehicle of interest, which they believe is linked to the massacre.
Police are asking anyone who remembers seeing the vehicle or its driver on 111 Janeway Boulevard near Highway 27 and Highway 7 at around 11:30 p.m. on September 18.