Man who broke into Eminem’s Detroit home to allegedly kill him sentenced to probation, time served


You Might Also Like

– Advertisement –

The rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, was reportedly fine with the sentence

– Advertisement –

A man who broke into Eminem’s suburban Detroit home and allegedly told the rapper “he was there to kill him” has been sentenced to five years’ probation and time off.

Matthew Hughes, 28, was sentenced last week by a Macomb County Circuit Court judge under a plea and sentencing agreement with county prosecutors. macomb deli informed of. He was released after spending 524 days in the county jail.


Hughes said little at the hearing and made misleading statements in his presentation report, his attorney Richard Glanda said.

Eminem, who agreed with the outcome, did not attend the hearing.

– Advertisement –

Eminem ‘stressed’ about Mariah Carey’s upcoming memoir: Report

When Hughes was discovered at Eminem’s home in Clinton Township on April 5, 2020, he was unarmed. Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, was asleep when he was woken by the noise of Hughes smashing the window of the kitchen door with a brick paver.

According to court testimony, Hughes reportedly told the rapper, “He was there to kill her.”

Eminem tells Hughes to leave the house, where security guards meet him and hold him until the police arrive.

Eminem’s Home Invader Allegedly Said He Came To Kill Rapper, Officer Testifies

In August, Hughes pleaded no contest to the reduced charge of second-degree home invasion in exchange for dismissing charges of first-degree home invasion, malicious destruction of property, and assault of a prison worker between $1,000 and $20,000. . A no contest petition is not a confession of guilt, but it is treated as such when sentenced.

The incident in question was not the first time Hughes had attempted to break into the rapper’s home. Hughes was arrested in June 2019 for breaking into a home in Rochester Hills, Michigan, the police department previously confirmed to Granthshala News. Police confirmed that the house was previously owned by Mathers, but was not at the time of the incident.

Video footage reproduced by daily Mail, Hughes can be seen ringing the doorbell before waiting outside the house. Mathers reportedly sold the house two years before Hughes’ visit.

According to the outlet, after being told to leave, Hughes was found in the property’s gatehouse. He was arrested for breaking and entering and remained in prison for 90 days.

according to a tmz report In May, Hughes also reportedly moved into another property in June, citing police records.

Granthshala News’ Nate Day and

– Advertisement –

Related News

Next Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending News