The Metropolitan Police Service decided to abandon its investigation after reviewing several documents, including documents released in August 2021 as part of Giuffre’s civil trial in the United States.
“This review has ended and we are not taking any further action,” the force said in a statement emailed to Granthshala on Monday.
Giuffre, the alleged victim of sex offender and disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, alleges that she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew. She said she was trafficked by Epstein and forced to have sex with her friends, including the Duke of York, when she was young.
Andrew has denied Giuffre’s similar allegations in the past.
“We also reviewed information provided to us by a media organization in June 2021. This review has been completed and no further action will be taken,” the Metropolitan Police said.
The statement added that the force “continues to liaise with other law enforcement agencies that lead the investigation of cases related to Jeffrey Epstein.”
“The situation there is that we have more than one allegation involving Mr Epstein and we have reviewed them, assessed them and we have not opened an investigation,” Dick said at the time.
Giuffre’s lawyers served the senior British royal with legal papers for a trial last month.
Both Buckingham Palace and Prince Andrew have strongly denied her allegations.
US officials have previously accused Andrew of not cooperating with efforts to interview him as part of an investigation into alleged sex trafficking ring Epstein and suspect Maxwell’s operations.
The Prince stepped down from royal duties in the wake of a 2019 interview he gave to the BBC in which he was widely believed to have damaged his credibility. He rarely appears in public now.
Credit : www.cnn.com