the first elimination of dancing with the Stars Season 30 is here. Find out which celebrity was sent home during Week 2’s elimination. Plus, what Cheryl Burke’s positive diagnosis for coronavirus (COVID-19) means for the rest DWTS Season 30.
‘Dancing with the Stars’ hasn’t been eliminated in 1 week
During the September 20 premiere dancing with the Stars Season 30, there was no elimination. All 15 pairs returned to perform in Week 2. Voting remained open until 5 a.m. EST on September 21, giving fans plenty of time to cast their votes across multiple platforms.
Since Len Goodman returns this season, the scores are off by 40 points instead of the usual 30. Here are the scores for the first week DWTS Season 30:
- Jojo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: 29
- Amanda Kloots and Alan Berstein: 28
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber: 28
- Melanie C. and Gleb Savchenko: 27
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: 26
- Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: 26
- Christine Chiu and Pasha Pashkov: 25
- Matt James and Lindsay Arnold: 25
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy: 25
- The Miz and Witney Carson: 24
- Brian Austin Green and Sharna Burgess: 24
- Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke: 24
- Jimmy Allen and Emma Slater: 22
- Iman Schumpert and Daniela Karagach: 21
- Martin Cove and Britt Stewart: 13
Cheryl Burke’s coronavirus diagnosis doesn’t stop Cody Rigsby from competing
Burke and his Peloton star partner were to perform salsa for “Don’t Go Yet” by Camila Cabello in Week 2. But on Sunday, September 27, Burke shared some devastating news with fans.
“I’ve been fully vaccinated and I could still get COVID,” Burke says. instagram Video. At that time, she was going for a test for coronavirus (COVID-19).
In the end, Burke tested positive. Now, she feels bad for her partner. “I feel like I’m giving [Cody] down,” he continues in the video. “I hope I didn’t spread it.”
Rigsby was not in the ballroom during week 2. But he and Burke are not out of the competition. As per the rules, scoring for Rigby and Burke can be based on their recorded rehearsals. The two virtually entered the ballroom to get a score of 24 from the judges.
Martin Cove is sent home in the elimination of ‘DWTS’ Season 30 Week 2
Cove and Stewart received a score of 15 from their Week 2 Cha-Cha for “Twist and Shout” by The Isley Brothers. His overall score for both weeks was 28.
This season the judges are once again choosing which couple they want to save. Chiu and Pashkov were in the bottom two, but the judges ultimately decided to save them.
Dances, songs and scores for ‘Dancing With the Stars’ week 2
Amanda Kloots and Alan Berstein achieved the highest of the night with 32 for their foxtrot. The two danced to “It Had to Be You” by Ray Chew Live! Here . The remaining marks of week 2 are given DWTS:
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: 31 For Their Cha-Cha “Rain On Me” By Lady Gaga And Ariana Grande
- Melanie C and Gleb Savchenko: 30 for “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles for Their Foxtrot
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber: 28 for “I Like It” by Cardi B, Bad Bunny and Jay Balvin from Their Cha-Cha
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy: 27 For Their Viennese Waltz for “Better Days” by Ant Clemons and Justin Timberlake
- Jimmy Allen & Emma Slater: 27 For Their Rumba “Make Me Want To” By Allen
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: 27 for Their Rumba to “All by Myself” by Celine Dion
‘Dancing with the Stars’: 13 rules contestants must follow
- “The Miz” & Witney Carson: 26 Their Tango To “Nothin’ But A Good Time” By Poison
- Iman Schumpert & Daniela Karagach: 25 For Their Rumba To “You Know What’s Up” Donell Jones
- Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: 24 for “Hot Stuff” from Their Cha-Cha by Donna Summer
- Christine Chiu and Pasha Pashkov: 24 for Their Salsa to “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee
- Brian Austin Green and Sharna Burgess: 23 for Their Rumba “Say You Won’t Let Go” by James Arthur
- Matt James and Lindsay Arnold: 22 for “Levitating” by Dua Lipa for Their Samba
dancing with the Stars Airs Monday nights at 8 p.m. EST on ABC.