Good morning and welcome to Granthshala News First. Here’s what you need to know when starting your day
Biden slashes spending bill target to between $1.75T and $1.9T: Report
According to a report on Tuesday, President Biden has privately informed Democratic lawmakers that he is optimistic that he can reach an agreement on a social spending plan of about $1.9 trillion, a spending target that will come from that huge economic overhaul. will mark the significant shortfall they initially envisioned.
The Washington Post, citing sources familiar with the matter, detailed a possible deal for the proposal to spend between $1.75 trillion and $1.9 trillion during a private meeting on Tuesday. The president is said to have shared the outline with at least some Democratic lawmakers.
The revised package includes many of the original plan’s signature proposals, including Universal Pre-K, substantial investments in green energy, and expanded Medicare benefits. However, sources told the Washington Post that details were still subject to change.
Representative Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, center, along with other lawmakers, talks with reporters outside Washington’s West Wing, Tuesday, October 19, 2021, speech after her meeting with President Joe (AP newsroom)
The Post reported that the downsized spending plan could cut or curtail many programs supported by progressive leaders, including less money for affordable public housing, a one-year child tax credit extension only, and less paid vacation.
The latest spending benchmark indicates that Biden and other Democratic leaders have made significant cuts to their massive spending plan to achieve an agreement that satisfies both moderate and progressive Democratic lawmakers. Democratic leaders have set an October 31 deadline to reach an agreement on a spending plan and a separate $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure deal. Click here for more on our top story.
In other developments:
– Rand Paul: Democrats will ‘squeeze’ money out of ordinary people
Wapo editorial board scolds progressives amid dame spending battle: Stop demanding ‘revolution’ from Biden
– Kudlow: Munchkin, Cinema ‘Make a Lovely Couple’ Fighting Democrats’ Spending and Tax Agenda
– NBC’s Chuck Todd says ‘burden’ is on Biden to resolve Dem’s infighting over WH spending: ‘Take control of this!’
Terry McAuliffe abruptly ends interview, tells Virginia local reporter ‘you should have asked better questions’
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe cut short his interview with a local Virginia TV station and scolded the reporter for not asking “better questions.”
WJLA 7News reporter Nick Minnock conducted interviews with the former governor and his GOP rival Glenn Youngkin, sharing the full interview and on-air highlights while releasing the tapes online.
However, WJLA anchor Jonathan Elias offered a disclaimer to viewers who may notice that Youngkin’s interview was much longer than McAuliffe’s.
Elias told the audience during Tuesday evening’s newscast, “So if you look at those full interviews on our website, we want to point out that the Terry McAuliffe interview is shorter than our interview with Glenn Youngkin. It’s our job. Wasn’t from.” “Nick offered both candidates 20 minutes to be absolutely fair to interview. McAuliffe abruptly ends the 7News interview after just ten minutes and tells Nick that he should have asked better questions and that Nick should be interviewed by 7News. The audience should have asked such questions. Said.” Click Here For More.
In other developments:
– MSNBC contributor: Republicans are ‘going to cheat’ to win the 2022 midterm election
– Youngqin vows to hold Loudoun County officials responsible after alleged sexual assaults
Harris begins campaign with McAuliffe amid tough race for governor of Virginia
– McAuliffe nods as Stacey Abrams tells Dem voters a ‘big lie’
Meghan McCain talks about being a conservative woman in mainstream media in exclusive ‘Hannity’ interview
Megan McCain joins “Hannity” for an exclusive interview in which she discusses her departure from “The View” on Tuesday.
After watching a clip of an exchange between McCain and “The View” hosts Joey Behar and Whoopi Goldberg, host Sean Hannity said, “I’m so sad to see it. Man, it’s cruel.”
McCain said the way he was treated made him rethink his job. “My four years in anthropological experimentation in left-wing media were over.”
As a “token conservative” on the show, McCain alleged that he was “targeted” and “treated differently” by fellow hosts because he was pro-life and “not to vote for president”. [Barack] Obama.”
“I don’t think people who go to liberal places, which is basically every other place except Granthshala News… I don’t think you should be punished for that… [but] Unfortunately that’s what happened to me.” Click Here For More.
In other developments:
– ‘The View’ co-host Sunny Hostin scolded Chicago’s Lightfoot for ‘flouting’ mask mandate
– Howard Kurtz: Meghan McCain blames hostile ‘View’ colleagues for her exit in emotional memoir
Must read today:
– Video of Kamala Harris urging church-goers to vote for McAuliffe may be illegal
– 6 January Committee recommends Bannon to face criminal contempt for defying summons
– Florida deputy shot in Pensacola; Suspect killed, officials say
– Texas nurse found guilty of killing 4 people by air injection
– Dodgers top Brave in NLCS, Astros make big comeback to win Game 4, ALCS series tie
Latest from Granthshala Business:
– Fed Just Keep 3 GOP-led states on notice on non-compliance with COVID rules
– The world’s largest movie theater chain Is About making blockbuster changes
– Procter & Gamble battles Inflation with price hike across most categories
– DeSantis: How Florida It is possible The key to easing supply chain pain
– the best small town In the United States, according to a new report
some parting words
Laura Ingraham said Portland, Oregon, is spiraling out of control with an ever-increasing violent crime rate, as state and municipal Democrats are largely ignoring the crisis. The host of “Ingraham Angle” noted Oregon Gov. Kate Brown claimed in August that the real crisis was one of right-wing violence:
Not signed up for Granthshala News First yet? Click Here To find out what you’re missing.
Granthshala News’ view page Available now, which gives visitors a choice of pay TV provider options carrying Granthshala News Channel and Granthshala Business Network in their area.
Granthshala News First was compiled by Jack Durslag of Granthshala News. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you first in your inbox on Thursday.