Assault on female US service member by male Afghan refugees at Fort Bliss under FBI investigation

319
SHARES
2.5k
VIEWS

You Might Also Like


– Advertisement –


The incident comes after two Afghan refugees were charged with federal crimes at a Wisconsin military base.

– Advertisement –

There is an ongoing investigation into the alleged possession of a female US military service member by several male Afghans being held at Fort Bliss.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation confirmed to Granthshala News that it is investigating a referral from a Fort Bliss Afghan refugee housing complex in New Mexico alleging that a woman, whose name and age are unknown at this time, but On 19 September was attacked by a “small group of male evacuees.”

advertisement

amb. Ron Johnson: Just 3 weeks later, the real horrors of Biden’s Afghanistan are real

“We received a referral from Fort Bliss and our office is investigating the allegations,” FBI Public Affairs Officer Special Agent Jeanette Harper told Granthshala News.

– Advertisement –

Fort Bliss officials confirmed reports of the attack to Granthshala News.

The First Armored Division and Fort Bliss Public Affairs said in an emailed statement, “We can confirm that a female service member supporting Operation Aide Welcome killed a small group of male evacuees at the Doa Ana Complex in New Mexico on September 19. was attacked.” . “We take the allegation seriously and appropriately refer the matter to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The safety and well-being of our service members, as well as those of our establishments, are of paramount importance.”

Counseling and support has been provided to the service member, the statement said.

“Task Force-Bliss is also implementing additional security measures at the Doa Ana complex to include health and safety patrols, additional lighting and the Friend system,” the statement continued. “We will cooperate fully with the FBI and continue to ensure that the service member reporting this attack is fully supported.”

Republican congresswoman Yvette Herrell, who represents New Mexico’s second congressional district, called the news a “revision failure.”

“My prayers are with the courageous soldier and his family. This is another tragic failure in the investigation process of Afghan civilians,” Harrell tweeted. “The American people deserve answers.”

The alleged assault comes on the heels of two Afghan refugees housed in Fort McCoy, Wisconsin, being charged with federal crimes including sexual assault on a minor and domestic assault.

Cruz, GOP senators pressure Afghan ‘child brides’ among refugees

Bahrullah Noori, a 20-year-old Afghani, is being charged with attempting to use force against the man to engage in a sexual act with a minor, as well as three other counts of engaging in sexual activity with a minor. With, being accused. According to a statement from the Justice Department. Additionally, 32-year-old Mohamed Haroon Imad is being charged with strangling and suffocating his wife on September 17.

Republicans on Capitol Hill have responded to reports of violence perpetrated by Afghan refugees in the United States with calls for answers from the Biden administration.

on Thursday night, Oklahoma Its. James Lankford and four other Republican senators Sent A letter to the Biden administration asking for more details on the way Afghan refugees are being screened.

“How Many Afghan Citizens Are Waiting for Background Checks at a Transit Site? How Many Afghan Citizens Have Been Parole in the United States?” Republican senators asked. “What specific categories, classes, or criteria constitute the administration’s definition of a ‘vulnerable Afghan’? How many individuals in the United States fall under each category, class, or criterion?”

earlier this month, a Biden administration official categorically denied anyone coming into the country “of concern”, saying a “second layer” of screening takes place once a refugee has arrived at a US entry point.

“No one has been to or entered the United States which is a matter of concern,” the official said. “The administration is working urgently and with care to enhance screening and vetting operations to make them more efficient without compromising US national security.”

Houston Keene and Alexandria Hoff contributed to this report


– Advertisement –

Related News

Next Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending News