ABC’s ‘The Rookie’ bans ‘live’ guns on set following Alec Baldwin ‘Rust’ shooting

319
SHARES
2.5k
VIEWS

You Might Also Like


– Advertisement –


‘Rust’ cinematographer Halina Hutchins killed and director Joel Souza injured in Thursday shooting

– Advertisement –

ABC’s “The Rookie” has decided to ban “live” weapons from its sets following the fatal shooting on set alec baldwin“Rust” on Thursday.

According to reports, the new policy is effective immediately, showrunner Alexi Hawley informed his staff on Friday.

advertisement

“As of today, it is now policy at The Rookie that all guns on set will be air soft guns, with CG muzzle flashes. There will be no more ‘live’ weapons on the show,” their memo said. Hollywood Reporter.

“As always, if you ever feel unsafe or see anything that concerns you, please don’t hesitate to report it,” it concludes. “My door is always open.”

– Advertisement –

Alec Baldwin was told the firearm was unloaded, says search warrant: report

Representatives for ABC and “The Rookie” did not immediately return Granthshala News’ request for comment.

The new policy was announced just a day after cinematographer Halyana Hutchins, a star and producer of the film, was killed during rehearsal by a prop gun used during rehearsal. Director Joel Souza was also injured and taken to the hospital. Actress Frances Fisher wrote on Twitter that Souza has since been released.

Can Alec Baldwin face charges after shooting ‘Jung’? experts weigh in

An assistant director on the set of the New Mexico film claimed a gun being given to Baldwin had been unloaded Thursday, a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court said, according to the report.

The Associated Press reported, “Cold Gun,” assistant director Dave Hall announced at the time, using lingo for an unloaded shotgun, ahead of a rehearsal for the film.

Shortly thereafter, court filings said, Baldwin pulled the trigger of the shotgun, fatally injuring Hutchins and injured director Souza.

As the AP reports, a detective wrote in an application for a search warrant, Hall was unaware that the live rounds were inside the firearm he grabbed and handed over to Baldwin.

Alec Baldwin breaks silence after crew member killed in devastating gun accident on film set

“Investigators are trying to determine what type of projectile was in the firearm,” the sheriff’s office told Granthshala News in a statement.

The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office obtained a search warrant Friday as part of efforts to investigate the shooting.

Alec Baldwin was seen 'in tears' after the shooting, in which Helena Hutchins was killed and Joel Souza was injured.

Rust Movie Productions, the company behind the film, is also doing its own review of what happened, officials said. The company’s statement comes amid reports that some crew members are unhappy about the level of gun safety on the sets of the film. Granthshala News has not independently verified the veracity of the complaints.

Production on “Jung” was halted following Thursday’s incident. On Friday, Baldwin broke his silence and offered condolences to Hutchins’ family.

“There are no words to express my shock and sadness about the tragic accident that took the lives of a wife, mother and our highly admired colleague, Helena Hutchins,” he said on Twitter on Friday morning.

“I am fully cooperating with the police investigation to find out how this tragedy happened and I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family. My heart goes out to her husband, Broken for his son and all those who knew and loved Halina,” the actor concluded.


– Advertisement –

Related News

Next Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending News