Toronto – Canada has now fully vaccinated 79.46 percent of the country’s population. What else you need to know to start your day.
1. Filling Hospitals: Inside hospitals in Saskatchewan, which has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, health care workers report a worsening crisis that pushes the system to the brink.
2. Long Term Care: The COVID-19 outbreak is rising inside Canada’s long-term care homes, with a focus on staff being vaccinated and regulations that vary from province to province.
3. Travel Restrictions: Canada saw a slight increase in the number of foreign nationals entering the country in the first week after the border opened for people fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
4. SNC-Lavalin Fees: SNC-Lavalin Inc. and SNC-Lavalin International Inc. Two former senior executives of U.S. corporate entities as well as Quebec-based firms have been charged by the RCMP with a series of fraud and forgery offenses.
5. Election Expenses: Little changed politically after the most expensive election in Canadian history, with many asking if it was worth the $610 million price tag and where else could that money be spent.
One more thing…
Fit for a Champion: Canada’s Olympic team has announced a partnership with Lululemon to provide its clothing for the next four Olympic Games.